Review: DEWALT DW616 Fixed Base Router
Bottom Line The Dewalt DW616 is a simple, twist-to-adjust router with a lot going for it. Its depth scale is accurate. It has a gentle soft start, made smooth cuts, and is a very well-balanced machine with a low center of gravity. The grips give excellent control and the switch can be set up for left- and right-handers. Bit changes are easily handled with two wrenches which is easier than the single wrench/ spindle-lock system that some routers use. The only downside is that you may need to drill out the 13/16-in. base opening to accommodate larger bits. Overall it's a lot of router for your money.
- Sub-base concentricity gauge ensures bit is perfectly aligned for maximum accuracy
- Micro-fine depth adjustment ring gives you accurate depth adjustment in 1/64-inch increments
- The handles are a nice, ergonomically-shaped rubber material which gives you a lot of control - important when routing freehand with a router as powerful as the DW616
- Excellent value for money
- You may need to drill out the 13/16-in. base opening to accommodate larger bits